Dinner In A Pumpkin
1 large pie pumpkin
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4-6 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
4 cups tomato juice
3 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Wash pumpkin, cut off top, scrape out seeds and insides.
3. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Brown over medium/high heat until evenly brown. Drain grease.
4. Add onion and garlic; saute slightly.
5. Add sugar, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, tomato juice, celery and rice and mix.
6. Layer inside of pumpkin with 1/3 of cabbage, green beans and mixture. Repeat layers, replace lid and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
Share and Enjoy