St. Patricks Day easy recipes for morning, noon & night
Breakfast: Shamrock Pancakes
- Mix about 20 drops of food coloring into 1 batch of pancake mix
- Cut pancakes into shamrock shapes
Lunch: Green tortilla sandwich bites
I use Mission – Garden Spinach Herb Tortillas because they’re already green!
- Cut out small shamrock shapes.
- Make peanut butter, nutella or sunflower butter sandwiches or cucumber sandwiches.
After school snack: Rainbow Fruit Tray
- Arrange fruit on a large round tray in all the colors of the rainbow. I used
- mandarin oranges
- green grapes
- add marshmallows to look like a cloud & chocolate
- gold coins for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Dinner: Rainbow pasta
This was the most fun!
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. I used Fettuccine.
- Add 20 drops of each color of the rainbow to a large re-sealable bag + 2 tbsp of water.
- When pasta is done cooking, rinse with cold water immediately & portion evenly into bags.
- Mix the pasta around & let it soak up the food coloring. I let mine sit in the food coloring for several hours.
- Mix in olive oil & basil & serve.
Do you have any ideas to add? I love to see them on Facebook or Twitter! -Crystal
Share and Enjoy